● What is GivingTuesday?
● GivingTuesday is a global generosity movement that’s unleashing the power of people and organizations to transform their communities and the world.
● Whether you’re giving your voice, your time, goods, or your money, helping others or working for the causes you care about, generosity is one of the most powerful ways you can have an impact in the world.
● Why are we participating in GivingTuesday?
GivingTuesday is a chance to talk about our values and why we care so much about the work that we do.
● We’ve been able to introduce new people to our mission to improve education and literacy through access to books and libraries.
● For Books for Development it is a chance to be part of a bigger movement and a bigger community. GivingTuesday is a global phenomenon.
● What can we accomplish with GivingTuesday?
● With activity happening on every country on earth, GivingTuesday is the biggest generosity movement of all time.
● There are over 200 local GivingTuesday movements happening in the United States and 60 country campaigns.
● In just seven years, the GivingTuesday movement has raised more than $1 billion online in the U.S. alone.
● Now, more than ever, we need to lift up and celebrate those values that bring us together and create joy. We need more generosity in the world. Thank you for considering us in your GivingTuesday plans.